Thinking about divorce? You could be taking the first steps toward a healthier, happier life. Divorce is the end of your union with a spouse, but it can be the beginning of a many other things. Sometimes, divorce is the best solution for a family. If you live in Huntington Beach and are looking for a divorce lawyer who can get the best outcome for your case, come to Boyd Law. We represent clients in Surf City and the surrounding region, dedicating resources to resolving even the most complex family law cases. We know we can help you with your Huntington Beach divorce or legal separation.
5 Things to Know About Divorce in Huntington Beach
No two divorces are exactly the same. Yours will be unique, with issues and questions that pertain only to you and your family. There are, however, certain aspects of divorce that remain the same in almost every case. At Boyd Law, we’ve gleaned a great amount of firsthand experience and information about divorcing couples in Huntington Beach. We can help you sort through simple to complex family law issues. Here are five basic things you should know before you file for divorce:
- Divorce isn’t your only option. Consider legal separation and annulment as other ways to end your marriage or domestic partnership. You may find that another option is more suitable for your lifestyle or goals.
- California is a no-fault state. California’s no-fault divorce laws mean that you and your spouse can split without one being necessarily “at fault.” Simply cite “irreconcilable differences” as your reason for divorce and you don’t have to prove fault.
- It doesn’t matter who files first. If your spouse has already filed, you have the chance to contest his or her terms. The same is true if you file first. The courts in California do not give special attention to the party that files for divorce first.
- You may not have to go to court. Not every divorce case goes to the courtroom. You and your spouse may be able to resolve issues without a judge, during mediation or a collaborative divorce process. A lawyer can still come in handy in these situations.
- You should retain an attorney. While it’s possible to complete the divorce process with an attorney, one can be a significant aid during this time. A divorce lawyer can handle paperwork, help facilitate compromises, fight for your legal rights, and make the entire process much easier on you.
Boyd Law has represented clients in divorce cases in Huntington Beach for decades. We’ve handed executive divorces, military divorces, celebrity divorces, high net worth divorces, law enforcement divorces, and more. There is no divorce circumstance we can’t handle with finesse. Our big law firm resources combined with small firm personal attention is just the combination you need for delicate legal matters like divorce or legal separation in Orange County.
Talk to a Lawyer in Huntington Beach Today
If you think divorce is the right step to take to end your marriage or partnership, don’t wait. Talk to a divorce lawyer in your area today. Boyd Law offers complimentary, no-obligation family law consultations so that you can discuss your options free of charge. We’ll help you determine if retaining a divorce attorney is right for your case. Call (949) 753-1028 now to begin.